Your home may have a number of low-voltage systems including doorbells, garage door openers, home security sensors, thermostats, and landscape lighting. Many homeowners take on installation of these systems on their own. A common hazard when working with low-voltage wiring involves receiving a mild shock that surprises the installer and results in a fall from a step stool or ladder.
Your SheWorks electrician wants you to remember that it’s the current not the voltage that causes harm and sometimes even low-voltage wiring can draw a higher than safe current.
It’s important to secure all electrical connections well! A spark from a poorly secured low-voltage connection will ignite combustible materials just as easily as one from a 110v junction. Avoiding this hazard can be as simple as keeping the area surrounding your low voltage device clear of combustible debris and calling a SheWorks licensed, professional electrician to do the job right!